Join The Team
Part Time Plant Person Wanted
Are you a plant enthusiast who is a team-oriented individual with a balance of retail, customer service experience and plant knowledge?
The Plantbase are looking for a team member for our store on Saturdays & Sundays, covering the occasional week day shift here and there. The role is 8-15 hours a week - with the potential for more as the business develops.
The right person will love to meet like-minded plant enthusiasts as well as patiently teaching plant novices about all the amazing things The Plantbase has to offer. We also sell coffee, so any cafe/barista experience would be amazing but not essential!
Areas of Responsibility
- Actively engage & greet all customers with a focus on suggestive selling.
- Deliver high-quality products and exceptional customer service to every customer, prioritising customer experience.
- Liaise between customers and management when necessary, using proper company communication channels and navigating through difficult customer situations with ease.
- Act as a brand ambassador in store, building a holistic knowledge of The Plantbase product line and display The Plantbase values.
- Develop a working knowledge of all of the plants and plant care, with the desire to uphold The Plantbase’s Plant Expert reputation.
- Preparing products for dispatch.
- Assist with Markets when possible.
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop, adhering to all cleanliness and upkeep guidelines; execute daily cleaning and visual merchandising tasks effectively and efficiently
- Develop expertise in operating the point of sale system, handling all transactions accurately, and navigate basic troubleshooting
- Ownership mindset in the areas of customer experience and plant knowledge.
- Work with a sense of urgency, always seeking to improve customer experience, shop cleanliness, visuals, and plant health.
About The Plantbase
Opened in October 2019 The Plantbase was formed by a group of mates who share the same passion for sustainable businesses and plants. We sell plants directly to the customer either instore or online. Bridging the gap between plants and humans, for a healthier and happier lifestyle.
To apply for this position please provide an up to date CV and any other relevant documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications close May 15th 2021.